I think part of moving on involves a coming to terms with the reality, which the attachment didn’t allow you to see. For this reason I am compiling a list of things that I particularly didn’t appreciate about my ex significant other. The purpose of the list is to clarify that it was not just a misunderstanding that caused the separation but rather a series of disappointments that could never be glossed over.
- The Christmas letter that never came because it was probably never written.
- The hiding of social media interactions.
- The constant need for external validation.
- The way in which he abandoned me at a department store one time and didn’t allow me to pick the towel color.
- The way I had to hunt down affection.
The way my body curved into his back. Just kidding this is one I liked.
- The way he never listened to the little things that mattered to me.
- The droning emptiness during conversations.
- The way the relationship started.
- The way he asked me out.
- The way he constantly made me feel bad about the way I handle money.
- When he told me to change or that it would end… these words echoed in my head until I decided I couldn’t change and left.
- The way he made it feel as if me wanting to have sex was a wrongdoing against him.
- The way it felt like something was always missing.
- The way he always promised things he never ended up doing.
- The way in which my spontaneity was judged.
- The way in which he made me feel like I was too much.
- The way it didn’t work.
- The way my heart doesn’t want to give up.